Why would anybody want to become a real estate agent now? Let’s face it 2011 really isn’t going to end much better than 2010 did as far as sales go. But like anything else if you look for the silver lining you can find one.
Below is a list of reasons you should think about getting your real estate license.
1) Seasoned agents are retiring and leaving the business. They are leaving behind buyers and sellers who will still need asssitance with their real estate needs. Would these agents leave these people in your care? Here’s a business opportunity.
2) If you’ve already been in business you have a bunch of contacts. Do you run your own business now? Those people are going to be your first contacts and potientially your first sales. Most people understand and even work 2 jobs themselves – they get it. Don’t be embarrassed that you don’t have years experience in the busines or that you are working more than one job.
3) Nationally there are fewer agents. There is still a need to protect property owners rights and to transfer property.
4) There is more and less competition in some areas of the country. Many agents are gone in some areas and these people still need to sell or buy property. Are there agents in your area? How many more or likely less than there were 5 or 10 years ago? If there are less,not is your opportunity. If there are more agents how many are really going after the business? Do you see a nich where you can fill in?
5) 80% of homeowners in this country are up to date on their payments. These people are not going into forclosure. There are stable neighborhoods, the real estate business is about the same as it was a few years ago. In the unstable neighborhoods look for opportunities and think ourside the box.
6) Do you have special skills that make you different than the other agents in your area? Maybe you are an out of work construction worker, general contractor or tradesman – you have a unique perspective on real estate. Do you speak more than one language – go for it! There is a major need for agents who speek more than one language. And if you are trained to work with people with special needs there is a nich for you as well.
Century 21 Canon Land & Investment is looking for a few good agents, or wanta be agents. If you can help fill the need for agents in Cotopaxi/ Howard/ Texas Creek or Pueblo/ Pueblo West or Wetmore/Westcliff/Silvercliff give Century 21 Canon Land & Investment a call.